Tuesday 23 June 2009

VINTAGE HAT SLIPPER AND SLEEVE TRIMS


BEING LISTED JUNE 24TH

MY DAY

Well the day started with beautiful sunshine. I arose early, answered emails, wrapped parcels and by 10am I was ready to go to our dear friends for lunch. We treated mum to the journey through the Trough of Bowland where the scenery is just spectacular. Tiny windy roads led up and down through moorland, forest and mountains. We sat out on the terrace of our friends house overlooking the sheep in the fields below. Lunch as usual was a special event. The weather was very hot and sultry until about 4am when the forecast storm developed. I have never seen it rain as hard as when I lived in Brazil. The rain came down in stair rods and carried on for at least half an hour without ceasing. We battened down the hatches until it had ended and sat chatting for another hour. Unfortunately as we got in the car the storm returned and I had to drive. The roads were totally flooded and at some points we just had to almost stop. I think the storm followed us all the way home, but on seeing Morecambe the blue skies appeared until we got out of the car and now it it raining hard again. What a shame and the storms haven't cleared the air, it is so hot, all windows and doors have been opened. I guess we will have an uncomfortable evening and night.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow as mum and I are off to Hawes.

No comments: