Saturday 7 August 2010

Rag Rescue customer creations with vintage fabrics - Emma -1

A regular customer of Rag Rescue has been buying vintage fabric scrapbags and vintage fabric squares for quite a while now.
A few days ago I discovered that she is making a quilt and so I asked if she could send me some photo's.
She told me that it isn't finished yet but just look at what she has created......

Emma apologises for the quality of the photo's, but I think they are great especially as today was a dull day.

Just look at this wonderful array of hexagons, I'm presuming that she has yet to attach these to the quilt in the next week or so.
She really is a star as she sent me the measurements of the hexagons.
And even told us how many she got out of each scrapbag.

Well done Emma, I can't wait to see the completed quilt.
I just wish I had the patience and the time to make one myself.
I am so envious.

This will be the first of 'Rag Rescue customers creations' and I will be making a link to all of the related posts on the side bar a.s.a.p.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I am also planning a hexagon quilt with my scrap bag pieces. I had never quilted before either until I started a few weeks ago. I started doing a hexagon patchwork using some fabric I had salvaged from an old quilt. The hexagon template I had used was a little too big to get 2 pieces out of each square so this new template is perfect.
Thank you.
Ann x

Joan Fiset said...

These are lovely, like diminutive stained-glass windows informed by spring. Thanks for sharing.

Joan