Sunday 21 February 2010

French vintage fabrics


Tomorrow, 6 French vintage fabrics will be listed on the website. They are all beautiful designs.

So what have I been doing today. Well my aim was to have the whole day felting in readiness for my granddaughter's visit next week. We are going to make a mobile for her baby brother who is due to be delivered on March 19th. 
After a morning of sorting out the website fault with the server I managed to start on it after lunch. I've really enjoyed myself making the various pieces so that she can embellish each piece whilst sitting on my knee. She is only just turned four so I'm, sure she will love this pastime on the embellisher. She has been making wet felt with me since the age of two but the embellisher will be something different. Her new brother Oliver will have a bird mobile with vintage silks on the body and 1920's feathers for the tails.
I thought I'd also better make Molly a mobile or she might get a wee bit jealous, so I thought she might like a fairy one made with felt and vintage fabric. I'll list the photo's on my other blog 'Feltissimo' when they are completed.

So, back to work again tomorrow taking more photo's of items to list the following week. It is amazing what you find when you clear out your stock room.

No comments: