Wednesday 25 November 2009

Blue skies, sunshine --I think not


Morecambe during the storm 1906



Rough seas at Morecambe 1928

Yes - like many Winters here in Morecambe the wind whips the sea up into a frenzy especially when it is high tide. Today was no exception, but fortunately now we have very good sea defences, in fact they are amongst the best in the country.
I don't know why it is ,but every time I go to the hairdressers ,which is only a stones throw from the sea, the wind is always blowing a gale and today it almost blew me over. So much for my new hair style.
Still I feel very refreshed and have found a new lease of life now and know that what ever life throws at me I can cope with it. Life is rather like a storm at times but also like storms things quieten down and all becomes calm again.
I'm almost packed ready for the fairs next week and looking forward to meeting all my friends especially as one has just picked up a lovely dog from the rescue centre. His name is BILBO --- what a fantastic name, I can't wait to give him a hug.

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO ORDER BEFORE I GO AWAY FOR THE WEEK.


No comments: