Tuesday 25 August 2009

VINTAGE FABRIC WEEK - DAY 3



I don't normally buy a great deal of old French toile but in June of this year I found some pieces that I couldn't resist. I thought that they would look wonderful on cushions or bags. The first piece shown above, is a linen piece which I was told is getting harder and harder to find. Such a wonderful subject. The second piece I just couldn't resist. It must depict some French festival probably in Spring. It reminds me of dancing around the maypole although in this case around a tree with a garland of roses and a cherub flying overhead. Such detail, I just love it.

RAG RESCUE WEBSITE NEW LISTINGS

I've decided to end my listings on Thursday this week as I had forgotten that I am at auction on Wednesday all day. This means that I will not be listing vintage stashbags on Friday, they will have to wait until a later date.

Coming up next week - Vintage Lace week.

No comments: