Wednesday 23 January 2013

High's and lows in life.

What a day yesterday was, you never know what each day will bring. I had been searching and searching for days for respite care for my mother while Steve and I go to Croatia at the end of May for my son's wedding. Panic was beginning to set in as I was told every time, that I would have to ring up a couple of days before we went away. The stress was beginning to build at the thought of possibly not being able to attend the wedding of my darling son. BUT finally at about 2pm yesterday I found a wonderful home that had pre-bookable respite care and lo and behold the dates I required were still available. Inspection reports are good and we go to have a look tomorrow. I can't tell you what a relief it was.
That was the good news at 2pm, I started work..... then at just past 3pm I received a phone call from my sister-in-law to say that Steve's mother had died. She was well into her 90's and in a way we had been expecting it as she had been unwell for a long time, but it is still a shock.
So as soon as the date for the funeral is set, I'll be ringing the homes again to get more respite  as the rest of the family live in Surrey.

In the meantime life goes on here in Morecambe and Raggy (that's me) will try and put aside the sadness for a while, in order to keep everything together here in the old fishing cottages.

Today some lovely vintage lace stash bags have been listed on the website at Rag Rescue.


Here is a lovely lace heart for my mother-in law, Mary Kerensky, 
a delightful lady who loved her son and daughters dearly.




No comments: